As a Postpartum Doula, I go into the home and help for the first few weeks of
life of the baby. My role is to provide education, non-judgmental and emotional
support and companionship. I assist parents master the feeding and the care
of their newborn, twins or triplets.
Here is a list of the services I provide:
• breastfeeding/bottle feeding support;
• assisting and demonstrating infant care;
• answering questions about newborn care;
• preparing nutritious meals and snacks;
• spending time with your baby so that you can rest, eat, bathe;
• taking care of household tasks (light housekeeping), so you can
be with your baby;
• doing baby's laundry;
• offering coping skills and strategies;
• tending to and supporting siblings;
• running errands for you.
Rates and details:
$30 per hour.
I work days in shifts of 3 hours (minimum) up to 6 hours. Night support can also
be arranged and is typically from 10 pm to 6 am. Upon signing the contract, I
require a non-refundable retainer of $240 to hold your space in my calendar.
The deposit will be put towards your 8 last hours payment.
|New parents who have support and feel secure and cared for after the
birth of their baby, and who are encouraged to nurture not only their
babies but themselves, will be more successful in adapting and
adjusting to this new period.
|Due to the sometimes urgent nature of
families needs, scheduling is done on first
come first serve basis. Contact me as soon
|Aline Paradis PCD(DONA), CLC - 613-612-8289
Certified Postpartum Doula and Lactation Counselor